Turkish is your ticket to get around an absolutely stunning country. Most ‘Turks’ are pleasantly surprised to discover someone learning Turkish, so much so that they will show you respect for making a sincere effort. Turkish is a hidden gem in the realm of exotic languages. Indeed, many Turks will not expect tourists to speak any Turkish. So, use this to your advantage and make someone’s day when you travel to Turkey, by saying ‘merhaba’ (hello). Despite the language barrier, Turkey has some of the nicest and most hospitable people around.
Basic level is composed of Starter, A1.1, A1.2, A2.1 and A2.2 levels.
While starting your learning journey with Pomegranate you will receive a placement test which will determinate your language skills and your level.
By the end of the Basic Level you will be able to:
- Introduce yourself and others
- Day to day conversation
- Talk about yourself, your family, friends and others
- Ask and answer questions
- Compose and comprehend messages involving prices, time, date and location
- Speak about various topics such as family, food, shopping, employment & location
- Communicate routine tasks requiring a direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters
- Understand and reply to most frequently used expressions related to various areas of life
You will cover:
- Present, future, past tenses
- Question words
- Structures of sentences
- How to negate
- Time indicators
How long is the course?
- Each sub-level is of 30 hours in group, 22 hours in semi-private and 20 hours in private setting
Teaching and Learning Methods :
- Introduction of selected grammar points.
- The lessons are based on realistic conversations and task-based listening sections.
- Students develop reading fluency, accuracy, and comprehension by reading passages from a variety of sources such as newspapers, magazines, books, and websites.
- Students participate in a variety of activities during this class, including lectures, in-class exercises, weekly homework and quizzes, and group/pair work.
- Students are expected to complete weekly homework and quizzes.
14-11-20 To 02-01-20